JUST IN: Faparusi Drops Senatorial Ambition

Hon. Bamidele Faparusi

A Chieftain of the ruling APC and a former member of the Nigerian House of Representatives, Honourable Bamidele Faparusi, has dropped his senatorial ambition. The lawmaker is dropping his ambition after weeks of crisscrossing major wards and local government areas in Ekiti South senatorial district. Below is the statement released by his media office on Wednesday evening.   

"No Sacrifice is too much for the stability of our party and success of the Incoming Government" 

Yes! No Sacrifice is too much for stability of our party and the success of Incoming Government of Dr John Kayode Fayemi.

 Let me appreciate all my followers and well wishers  in and outside of our great party for your steadfastness and unwavering supports over the years since my days in the House of Representatives and recently Ekiti APC Governship primary contest  which was freely and transparently won by Dr John Kayode Fayemi,

Of course, your unquantifiable support has made me indebted to you socially and politically, in this wise I am under obligation to put your interest first above mine, hence the need for us to look beyond now and project together into the future.

After the keenly contested governorship primary election, we unanimously resolved our post-primary differences so as to ensure the party's victory. Prior to the campaign, I was made the Deputy Director General, Ekiti South for the campaign where I contributed my quota without no element of reservation. With all hands on deck, the party recorded a resounding victory in the election which is a feat that some incurable pessimists imagined as impossible.

 Within the small window of time afforded us after the last governorship election, we quickly set machineries in motion to foster my next political sourjourn into the upper chamber of the National Assembly- The Senate; Ward and Local Government  coordinators appointed, Posters, Stickers and Handbills printed all in order to commence my campaign for a seat in the Senate.

However, after due consultation with our party leaders and without prejudice to the interest of all of you which to me is paramount,  I have decided to drop my senatorial ambition without any reservation or bad feelings.

 I am not oblivious of the fact that this decision might not go down well with some of my followers but let me assure you that we will have other opportunities to serve our people since service to the people is not a function of the size of position one occupies. 

 I appeal to all and sundry to continue praying for the success of Dr. John Kayode Fayemi's administration as his leadership will herald growth and development  through his administrative expertise and cognate competence.

 Therefore, let us join hands in furtherance of our struggle to reclaim our land and relentlessly advocate for the restoration of our values.

God bless Ekiti South! 
God bless Ekiti State! 
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Signed:
Hon. Engr. Bamidele Faparusi
"I Am Who God Says I Am"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN: Faparusi Picks APC Governorship Nomination Form